Customer Service Representative
Performs intermediate clerical work involving customer service, collection and the preparation and/or maintenance of fiscal or related records; serves as back-up for billing and accounts maintenance; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Town Clerk.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Answering incoming calls; collecting utility payments and fees; receiving customer inquiries, searching out information, preparing work orders; completing and processing business license applications and yard sale permits; assisting customers with service requests and complaints.
- Works at front desk and assists citizens with payments, especially for water bills and for privilege licenses; enters payments and generates receipts;
- Assists customers to establish new service and accounts; takes applications and answers questions about establishing and closing accounts;
- Processes new and renewal privilege licenses; collects payments and answers questions from businesses;
- Maintains customer service, billing and collection records and files;
- Handles utility account inquiries; assists with opening and posting utility and miscellaneous payments;
- Assists with closing out daily work; balancing receipts and preparing bank deposits; takes deposit to bank;
- Processes work orders for water service requests;
- Picks up and distributes incoming and outgoing mail;
- Types correspondence for Manager and Assistant Manager;
- Attends meetings of committees and commissions and takes minutes;
- Assists Town Clerk in the preparation, copying and distribution of agendas; performs various office assistance duties including typing, copying, mailing, etc.;
- Operates typewriter, calculator, computer and other standard office equipment incident to maintaining records;
- Backs up other staff as needed in tasks such as billing and accounts payable;
- Performs related tasks as required.