Utility Billing Specialist - Angela Fitzhugh
The Utility Billing Specialist performs intermediate clerical work providing utility billing and customer service activities; assists with the preparation and maintenance of fiscal and related records; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Finance Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
- Processing, checking and verifying utility billing data; preparing and mailing utility bills; processing customer service requests and billings; preparing and maintaining appropriate records and files.
- Loads meter devices; downloads readings; assigns meter re-checks and re-reads;
- Works with customers on high reads; adjusts bills; applies credits to accounts;
- Sends staff out to cut service on and off;
- Sets up and maintains utility account customers in the computer;
- Prepares utility billing for all residential and commercial accounts; runs error reports on utility billing; generates and mails bills;
- Posts water, sewer, privilege license and miscellaneous payments;
- Sets up automatic bank drafts; posts debit and credit adjustments; follows up on returned checks;
- Calculates late payments and tracks non-payments;
- Answers calls regarding water leaks, sewer back-ups, billing inquiries, general information and complaints;
- Receives and transmits work order information via radio;
- Balances cash drawer daily and prepares bank deposits; makes bank deposits;
- Inputs data into computer; updates and establishes new accounts; processes transfer accounts; closes terminated accounts;
- Operates typewriter, calculator, computer and other standard office equipment;
- Prepares a variety of reports as required;
- Picks up and distributes incoming and outgoing mail;
- Backs up other staff on tasks as needed.
- Performs related tasks as required.