To Obtain a Permit:
Minimum Information needed to complete an application for demolition.
- Project Address.
- Property Owners name.
- Tax Parcel Number (May be obtained from County Tax Office).
- Total Contract Price.
- Demolition contractor, name and phone number.
- Full description of work to be accomplished.
- If work is in the Historic District, approval from the Historic Committee will be required.
- Notification of Public Works (252-332-5146)
- Notification of the Electric Company
- If this is a Town Bid Contract Job, a signed agreement must be on file.
Additional Information that may be required.
- A/C systems must be evacuated by a licensed individual with documentation.
- Notification of the Fire Marshall (252-332-3322).
- Copy of Workman’s Compensation.
- Copy of DEHNR Application and Notification (Pat Currin 919-733-0820).
- Complex jobs may require additional information.
What is the Cost of the permit?
Total cost is $100.00.
Can I get the Permit the Same day?
Generally, yes, as long as all information is provided.
When do I need to call for an Inspector?
This should be coordinated with the Inspector when the permit is issued.