To Obtain a Permit:
The minimum information needed to complete an application for a sign permit:
- Project name.
- Project address.
- Property owner’s name.
- Tax parcel # (may be obtained from the tax office, if not on file).
- Total contract cost.
- Sign and/or electrical contractor.
- Lot dimensions and storefront dimensions.
- Complete the applicable section(s): Freestanding, Attached, Window.
- Drawings of lot & sign showing dimensions of each.
What is the Cost of the Permit?
|Each Additional Sign||$50.00/sign|
|30 Days Temporary Sign||$50.00 + $1 per additional temporary sign|
|Renewal for Temporary Signs||$1.00|
|Electric Signs Fee||$45.00/sign|
Do I Need an Electrical Permit?
Yes, all signs requiring electricity must be installed by a licensed electrician. The cost is $55.00 for the Electrical Permit.
Can I Get the Permit the Same Day?
Generally, yes. The application must be reviewed/approved by the Zoning Officer before a permit can be issued. Permit must be obtained before the sign is installed.
Additional Information That May Be Required:
- For signs located in the Historic District, contact the Historic Planner.
- Signs in the Primary Fire District have additional restrictions.
- Depending on size, an engineer seal may be required for the 120 MPH Wind Zone.
- Freestanding signs may not be located within any utility easement. Contact the Electrical Department.
- Footers must be inspected prior to pouring concrete.